Without proper documentation, machinery and equipment manufacturing at production volumes would not be possible. At PEKO, our contract manufacturing and machinery manufacturing services include creating manufacturing documentation packages for our customers.
Our team of engineers and production professionals will create a manufacturing documentation package to ensure the quality and repeatability of your build. Once created, the items in your documentation package are all contained on a secure server and integrated into the ERP. A complete documentation package is a critical component of success for building machinery, equipment, and assemblies.
What’s included in the manufacturing documentation package?
The manufacturing documentation package includes your bill of materials (BOM), detailed component drawings, quality control plans, manufacturing methods router, work instructions, factory acceptance test procedures, and packaging specs. Depending on your product type, this could include even more.
Below are a few of the types of manufacturing documentation package constituents that we will generate:
- Bill of Materials: A hierarchical listing of all the parts, quantities, vendors, prices associated with a product.
- Detailed Component Drawings: 2D prints of each component part and assembly, with details about size, tolerance, materials, finish, and special notes.
- Quality Control Plans: Procedures and quality requirements for each part, including sampling sizes, tolerances and more.
- Manufacturing Methods Router: A step-by-step production plan that coordinates parts from operation to operation.
- Assembly Work Instructions: Visual aids that assemblers use as a guide for each step of the assembly process.
- Factory Acceptance Testing Procedures: Lays out the very specific procedures and expected results for testing a piece of machinery or equipment so that it may be deemed acceptable before shipment.
- Packaging Specs: Detailed specifications outlining the proper packaging needed before shipping.
At PEKO, we understand that manufacturing documentation is custom to your equipment. Whether it is dictated by the customer or by PEKO, a strong set of documents help carry the production process to success.
Utilizing manufacturing, quality, and industrial engineers, the PEKO team generates a robust manufacturing package for your new product development project.