SUMMARY: As a QUALITY ENGINEER, your responsibility is to elevate and systematize engineering and manufacturing processes, proactively address problems to mitigate risk, and improve product quality, customer satisfaction, and bottom-line results.
REPORTS TO: Quality Engineering Manager
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person
LOCATION: 1400 Emerson Street, Rochester, NY 14606
Easy Apply Email Resume
- Project management
- Organizational effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate risk.
- Active participation in the contract review process to assess quality contract requirements.
- Develop and implement best practice quality planning and analysis techniques for systems and projects.
- Determine inspection methods and develops instructions to integrate with the manufacturing process.
- Champion all quality requirements with respective departments to include MRB and CAPA functions.
- Verify conformance and productivity through customer audits to maintain the accuracy and timely delivery of their products.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Blueprint and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to manipulate databases, compile and analyze data, and develop corrective action plans.
- ASQ and CQE certifications or demonstrated body of knowledge.
- Ensure compliance with SOPs for medical device component manufacturing.
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, TQM, and/or other continuous improvement methodologies preferable.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Knowledge and experience of AS9100 and/or ISO 13485.
- BS or AS Degree and minimum 3 years prior quality control experience.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Quality Engineer Job Description
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Recognition Awards
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
- 401k Plan & Match Incentives
- Financial Wellness Advisory Services
- Educational Seminars
- Employee Development Plans / Mentorships
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF PEKO
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vacation, Bereavement & Civil Responsibility Compensation
- Paid Holidays / Floating Holiday
- Wellness Screenings & Seminars
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
- Lean, Sustainable, & Environmentally Friendly Environment
- Safety & Violence Preparedness Instruction
- On-site Physician & Medical Response Team
- Mutual Respect & Violence Prevention Training
WHY PEKO IS A PREFERRED PLACE TO WORK
- We have had a reputation as a stable diversified contract manufacturer for over 50 years.
- We are environmentally and sustainably conscious.
- We are a mid-sized company that knows your name and recognizes your achievements.
- We have a multi-generational and culturally diverse workforce.
- We are involved in the community and in corporate sponsorships.
- We provide life-long learning and educational opportunities.
- We have a balance of a tenured workforce and new talent.
PEKO Precision Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY BY: submitting our online application via the ‘apply’ button below or by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.pekoprecision.com.