SUMMARY: PEKO is seeking a talented and motivated Mechanical Engineering student to join our engineering team for an onsite assignment. You will be an integral part of a cross-functional development team of experienced Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Software, and Manufacturing teams. Be ready to jump in and apply your learning with work-based experience at PEKO.
REPORTS TO: Mechanical Engineering Manager
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person
LOCATION: 1400 Emerson Street, Rochester, NY 14606
Easy Apply Email Resume
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Work Independently
- Assist mechanical engineers with 2d or 3D CAD modeling, design, and detailing using Inventor, Solid Works, or Pro-E.
- Assist in writing Machine Operating Manuals, detailing, and basic mechanical design.
- Adherence to all safety and quality corporate requirements.
- Coordinate with engineers and co-workers to respond to project/assignments requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows XP.
- Understanding of basic engineering principles relating to: Design, automation, testing, and manufacturing processes.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Applicant must be pursuing a Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering 4-year degree (3rd year students preferred).
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Recognition Awards
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
- 401k Plan & Match Incentives
- Financial Wellness Advisory Services
- Educational Seminars
- Employee Development Plans / Mentorships
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF PEKO
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vacation, Bereavement & Civil Responsibility Compensation
- Paid Holidays / Floating Holiday
- Wellness Screenings & Seminars
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
- Lean, Sustainable, & Environmentally Friendly Environment
- Safety & Violence Preparedness Instruction
- On-site Physician & Medical Response Team
- Mutual Respect & Violence Prevention Training
WHY PEKO IS A PREFERRED PLACE TO WORK
- We have a reputation as a stable diversified contract manufacturer for over 50 years
- We are environmentally and sustainably conscious
- We know your name and recognize your achievements
- We have a multi-generational and culturally diverse workforce
- We are involved in the community and corporate sponsorships
- We provide life-long learning and educational opportunities
- We have a balance of a tenured workforce and new talent
PEKO Precision Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
COVID-19 VACCINATION: Safety remains and always will be our number one priority at PEKO. As a defense subcontractor, PEKO is required by the federal government to have all new hires provide one of the following as a condition of employment: proof of COVID-19 vaccination, willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date, OR validation of your religious or medical exemption (PEKO will provide appropriate forms).
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY BY: submitting our online application via the ‘apply’ button below OR by emailing your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.pekoprecision.com.