SUMMARY: The primary role of the MECHANICAL ENGINEER is to design and develop cutting-edge technology, new products, and processes for OEMs and startups. PEKO utilizes the latest 3D modeling platforms to brainstorm concepts and analyze designs. MECHANICAL ENGINEERS participate in providing solutions on highly detailed, well-defined specifications and requirements that provide critical parameters in the development of customer products and prototypes.
REPORTS TO: Mechanical Engineer Manager
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person
LOCATION: 1400 Emerson Street, Rochester, NY 14606
Easy Apply Email Resume
- Learning-oriented – able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Organized – ability to multi-task.
- Technical capacity.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Problem solving / analysis.
- Critical thinking.
- Ability to design, manage and execute project(s) adhering to customer specifications within defined cost, quality, and delivery parameters.
- Assist in creating specifications, critical parameters, and statement of work.
- Provide concepts and drawings in analog and digital formats.
- Hands-on: assembly and testing support prototyping and process development.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experienced in technical communication internally and externally (email, technical write-up, presentation, meetings, etc.).
- MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Engineering Design: CAD, FEA, FMEA techniques, Analysis (stress, displacement, thermal), DFMA, tolerance analysis, and GD&T.
- CAD for 3D design and detailing; Solidworks and/or CREO skills preferred.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- 3+ years’ experience as Mechanical or Electrical Engineer. Experience with both is a plus.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Mechanical Engineer – Rochester NY [EFF23APR2021]
OUR ADVANTAGEOUS BENEFIT PLATFORM
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Recognition Awards
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
- 401k Plan & Match Incentives
- Financial Wellness Advisory Services
- Educational Seminars
- Employee Development Plans / Mentorships
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF PEKO
- Vacation, Bereavement & Civil Responsibility Compensation
- Paid Holidays / Floating Holiday
- Wellness Screenings & Seminars
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
- Lean, Sustainable, & Environmentally Friendly
- Safety and Violence Preparedness Instruction
- On-Site Physician / Medical Response Team
- Mutual Respect & Violence Prevention Training
PEKO IS A PREFERRED PLACE TO WORK
- PEKO’s reputation as a stable diversified contract manufacturer for over 50 years
- Environmentally and sustainably conscious
- A mid-sized company so we know your name and recognize your achievements
- A multi-generational and culturally diverse workforce
- Community involvement and corporate sponsorships
- Life-long learning and educational opportunities
- A balance of a tenured workforce and new talent
PEKO Precision Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY BY: submitting our online application via the ‘apply’ button below OR by emailing your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.pekoprecision.com.