SUMMARY: The Purchasing Manager oversees the organizing and supervising of daily purchasing functions.
REPORTS TO: Logistics & Materials Manager
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person
LOCATION: 1400 Emerson Street, Rochester, NY 14606
Easy Apply Email Resume
- Setting and delivering on strategic goals
- Managing vendor and partnership relationships
- Lead and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying / quoting raw materials, components, secondary services, machinery, and supplies.
- Evaluate and implement standard operating procedures related to expediting and purchasing strategies.
- Manage the daily procurement functions including, but not limited to; creating, issuing and updating purchase orders, and managing import / customs clearance activities, expediting high risk open purchase orders.
- Negotiate and evaluate supplier’s capability, quality, reliability, and price competitiveness.
- Support other departments with quotations for the purpose of cost calculation and projects.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Review and approve requisitions, invoices, work orders, open order reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 7+ years demonstrated knowledge of purchasing strategies
- Managing and leading a team
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Supervises, schedules, directs workload and performs administrative duties to department
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include: safety compliance, training employees, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Purchasing Manager Job – Rochester NY
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Recognition Awards
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
- 401k Plan & Match Incentives
- Financial Wellness Advisory Services
- Educational Seminars
- Employee Development Plans / Mentorships
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF PEKO
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vacation, Bereavement & Civil Responsibility Compensation
- Paid Holidays / Floating Holiday
- Wellness Screenings & Seminars
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
- Lean, Sustainable, & Environmentally Friendly Environment
- Safety & Violence Preparedness Instruction
- On-site Physician & Medical Response Team
- Mutual Respect & Violence Prevention Training
WHY PEKO IS A PREFERRED PLACE TO WORK
- We have a reputation as a stable diversified contract manufacturer for over 50 years
- We are environmentally and sustainably conscious
- We know your name and recognize your achievements
- We have a multi-generational and culturally diverse workforce
- We are involved in the community and corporate sponsorships
- We provide life-long learning and educational opportunities
- We have a balance of a tenured workforce and new talent
PEKO Precision Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
COVID-19 VACCINATION: Safety remains and always will be our number one priority at PEKO. As a defense subcontractor, PEKO is required by the federal government to have all new hires provide one of the following as a condition of employment: proof of COVID-19 vaccination, willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date, OR validation of your religious or medical exemption (PEKO will provide appropriate forms).
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY BY: submitting our online application via the ‘apply’ button below OR by emailing your resume to email@example.com.
PEKO participates in a full range of manufacturing aspects from innovative technology solutions to electro-mechanical product manufacture, including vertically integrated contract manufacturing. These activities take place in our expansive quarter million total square feet of modern climate-controlled manufacturing floor space, and supported through highly skilled engineers, trades people and a commitment to investing in the latest industrial equipment and technologic tools.
To apply for this job please visit www.pekoprecision.com.