SUMMARY: The PURCHASING MANAGER oversees the organizing and supervising of daily purchasing functions.
REPORTS TO: Logistics & Materials Manager
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person
LOCATION: 1400 Emerson Street, Rochester, NY 14606
Easy Apply Email Resume
- Setting and delivering on strategic goals.
- Managing vendor and partnership relationships.
- Lead and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying/quoting raw materials, components, secondary services, machinery, and supplies.
- Evaluate and implement standard operating procedures related to expediting and purchasing strategies.
- Manage the daily procurement functions, including but not limited to creating, issuing, and updating purchase orders, managing import/customs clearance activities, and expediting high-risk open purchase orders.
- Negotiate and evaluate suppliers’ capability, quality, reliability, and price competitiveness.
- Support other departments with quotations for the purpose of cost calculation and projects.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Review and approve requisitions, invoices, work orders, open order reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and issue work assignments.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 7+ years of demonstrated knowledge in purchasing strategies.
- Experience managing and leading a team.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Supervise, schedule, direct workloads, and perform administrative duties for the department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include safety compliance, training employees, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Purchasing Manager Job Description
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Recognition Awards
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
- 401k Plan & Match Incentives
- Financial Wellness Advisory Services
- Educational Seminars
- Employee Development Plans / Mentorships
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF PEKO
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vacation, Bereavement & Civil Responsibility Compensation
- Paid Holidays / Floating Holiday
- Wellness Screenings & Seminars
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
- Lean, Sustainable, & Environmentally Friendly Environment
- Safety & Violence Preparedness Instruction
- On-site Physician & Medical Response Team
- Mutual Respect & Violence Prevention Training
WHY PEKO IS A PREFERRED PLACE TO WORK
- We have had a reputation as a stable diversified contract manufacturer for over 50 years.
- We are environmentally and sustainably conscious.
- We are a mid-sized company that knows your name and recognizes your achievements
- We have a multi-generational and culturally diverse workforce.
- We are involved in the community and in corporate sponsorships.
- We provide life-long learning and educational opportunities.
- We have a balance of a tenured workforce and new talent.
PEKO Precision Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY BY: submitting our online application via the ‘apply’ button below OR by emailing your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.pekoprecision.com.