SUMMARY: Supervise and perform technical assembly functions to meet and/or exceed customer requirements.
REPORTS TO: Assembly Manufacturing Manager
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person
LOCATION: 1400 Emerson Street, Rochester, NY 14606
Easy Apply Email Resume
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals. Understands production leveling or smoothing (heijunka).
- Comfortable delivering interdepartmental presentations on production status and resolution.
- Takt time, throughput, efficiency, process bottlenecks, swift response, cell layout, queue time, wait time, buffers, process flow charts are utilized repeatedly to analyze assembly process.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Ensure GDP (Good Documentation Process) is followed.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Troubleshoot problems with assemblies
- Suggest process improvement ideas
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Readily adaptable to shifts in priorities
- “Do what it takes” attitude
- Strong Knowledge of 5S Principles
- Strong knowledge of DMF principles
- Green Belt in Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma preferable
- Understanding of ESD Procedures
- Read and interpret schematics or blueprints
- Ability to lead activities to provide continual improvement to quality, costs, and safety (Kaizen techniques)
- This role may require OT, from time-to-time, in order to customer needs.
- Minimum education: GED; Bachelors Engineering preferred
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 5+ years in supervisory position in assembly department preferred
- Training in either Lean or Six Sigma
Supervisory Functions & Skills
- Supervises, schedules, directs workload and performs administrative duties to department
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include: safety compliance, recruitment, training employees, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Production Supervisor Job – Rochester NY
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Recognition Awards
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
- 401k Plan & Match Incentives
- Financial Wellness Advisory Services
- Educational Seminars
- Employee Development Plans / Mentorships
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF PEKO
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vacation, Bereavement & Civil Responsibility Compensation
- Paid Holidays / Floating Holiday
- Wellness Screenings & Seminars
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
- Lean, Sustainable, & Environmentally Friendly Environment
- Safety & Violence Preparedness Instruction
- On-site Physician & Medical Response Team
- Mutual Respect & Violence Prevention Training
WHY PEKO IS A PREFERRED PLACE TO WORK
- We have a reputation as a stable diversified contract manufacturer for over 50 years
- We are environmentally and sustainably conscious
- We know your name and recognize your achievements
- We have a multi-generational and culturally diverse workforce
- We are involved in the community and corporate sponsorships
- We provide life-long learning and educational opportunities
- We have a balance of a tenured workforce and new talent
PEKO Precision Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
COVID-19 VACCINATION: Safety remains and always will be our number one priority at PEKO. As a defense subcontractor, PEKO is required by the federal government to have all new hires provide one of the following as a condition of employment: proof of COVID-19 vaccination, willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date, OR validation of your religious or medical exemption (PEKO will provide appropriate forms).
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY BY: submitting our online application via the ‘apply’ button below OR by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PEKO participates in a full range of manufacturing aspects from innovative technology solutions to electro-mechanical product manufacture, including vertically integrated contract manufacturing. These activities take place in our expansive quarter million total square feet of modern climate-controlled manufacturing floor space, and supported through highly skilled engineers, trades people and a commitment to investing in the latest industrial equipment and technologic tools.
To apply for this job please visit www.pekoprecision.com.