SUMMARY: The PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR is a hands-on supervisory role that is in direct response to a NEW PEKO customer. Excellent pathway for a candidate with strengths in technical assembly (mechanical or electrical) desiring to join an inclusive, financial solid organization with staying power. Desired competencies and strengths include ability to lead and positively challenge a team to optimize outcomes and meet deliverables. Mindfulness of safety and quality standards and ability to pivot is essential. Facilities are expanding to accommodate our growth for the right person.
REPORTS TO: Assembly Manufacturing Manager
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person
LOCATION: 1400 Emerson Street, Rochester, NY 14606
Easy Apply Email Resume
- Technical capacity
- Demonstrated leadership
- Performance management
- Problem solving/analysis
- Interpret production schedules, analyze data to coordinate work schedules, process time, assignments, and sequence to meet production goals.
- Deliver interdepartmental presentations on production status and resolution.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Demonstrates equipment operations, monitors work and safety procedures for all.
- Identify training gaps and develops plan to train team.
- Monitor and maintain expected level of Safety and Quality standards.
- Troubleshoot problems with assemblies.
- Suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborates with other department supervisors to coordinate operational priorities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Readily adaptable to shifts in priorities.
- “Do what it takes” attitude.
- Read and interpret schematics or blueprints.
- Understanding of ESD Procedures preferred.
- Green Belt in Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma preferable.
- Ability to lead activities to provide continual improvement to quality, costs, and safety (Kaizen techniques) preferred.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum education: GED; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in applicable field preferred.
- 2+ years in supervisory position in assembly department preferred.
- Training in either Lean or Six Sigma preferred.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Production Supervisor – Rochester NY [EFF21JULY2022]
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Recognition Awards
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
- 401k Plan & Match Incentives
- Financial Wellness Advisory Services
- Educational Seminars
- Employee Development Plans / Mentorships
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF PEKO
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vacation, Bereavement & Civil Responsibility Compensation
- Paid Holidays / Floating Holiday
- Wellness Screenings & Seminars
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
- Lean, Sustainable, & Environmentally Friendly Environment
- Safety & Violence Preparedness Instruction
- On-site Physician & Medical Response Team
- Mutual Respect & Violence Prevention Training
WHY PEKO IS A PREFERRED PLACE TO WORK
- We have a reputation as a stable diversified contract manufacturer for over 50 years
- We are environmentally and sustainably conscious
- We know your name and recognize your achievements
- We have a multi-generational and culturally diverse workforce
- We are involved in the community and corporate sponsorships
- We provide life-long learning and educational opportunities
- We have a balance of a tenured workforce and new talent
PEKO Precision Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY BY: submitting our online application via the ‘apply’ button below OR by emailing your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.pekoprecision.com.