SUMMARY: The ELECTRICAL ENGINEER / CONTROLS ENGINEER assists with electrical and controls design for industrial and commercial equipment used in machine control, supporting the NPI (New Product Introduction) group in the development of new product design and introduction, functional specifications, technical design, automated assembly, development, and testing within PEKO and for our customers.
REPORTS TO: NPI Engineering Manager & VP of NPI
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person
LOCATION: 1400 Emerson Street, Rochester, NY 14606
Easy Apply Email Resume
- Technical capacity
- Project management
- Organizational effectiveness
- Electrical engineers/controls engineers are responsible for machine control hardware and software design, procurement of components, startup, debugging, calibration, and verification. Bring online and test newly manufactured and assembled equipment consisting of complex electromechanical systems.
- Design electrical power and control systems, to applicable standards, for industrial and commercial equipment used in medical, pharmaceutical, alternative energy, semiconductor, and other industries.
- Create industrial electrical and control schematics used to build and maintain equipment.
- Programming for PLC (e.g., Rockwell, Omron, Beckhoff, Siemens), HMI, and motion control.
- Perform equipment startup for new designs and first builds within NPI.
- Work collaboratively with inter-departments, customers, and suppliers during different project phases.
- Develop component and assembly tests and evaluate theoretical designs.
- Conduct root cause analysis investigations and formulate and implement preventive measures.
- Development of test software and tools utilizing Matlab, VBA, or other languages of your choice (e.g., C, Python, Java, etc.).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience with AutoCAD, PLC, and basic PC Programming knowledge.
- Circuit design and integration for high and low voltage industrial systems.
- Experience with design and programming motion control systems (e.g., servo and steppers motors, encoders, and industrial I/O).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Familiar with industry standards and code; NEC, NFPA, OSHA.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills are essential to interface with Customers, Sales, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering departments.
- Must have ability to independently and efficiently learn how to integrate new devices. Must be able to persevere through difficult tasks to achieve success.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- S. in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Related engineering or technology degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
- Preferred 2+ years in industrial automation, motion control, or similar environment.
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Recognition Awards
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
- 401k Plan & Match Incentives
- Financial Wellness Advisory Services
- Educational Seminars
- Employee Development Plans / Mentorships
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF PEKO
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vacation, Bereavement & Civil Responsibility Compensation
- Paid Holidays / Floating Holiday
- Wellness Screenings & Seminars
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
- Lean, Sustainable, & Environmentally Friendly Environment
- Safety & Violence Preparedness Instruction
- On-site Physician & Medical Response Team
- Mutual Respect & Violence Prevention Training
WHY PEKO IS A PREFERRED PLACE TO WORK
- We have a reputation as a stable diversified contract manufacturer for over 50 years
- We are environmentally and sustainably conscious
- We know your name and recognize your achievements
- We have a multi-generational and culturally diverse workforce
- We are involved in the community and corporate sponsorships
- We provide life-long learning and educational opportunities
- We have a balance of a tenured workforce and new talent
PEKO Precision Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY BY: submitting our online application via the ‘apply’ button below OR by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.pekoprecision.com.