SUMMARY: The primary role of the Assembly Engineer is to develop and sustain methods, operation sequence, and processes during the assembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assembly. The Assembly Engineer will be a key liaison in coordinating the release of new products. Manufacturing engineering support and project management are required throughout the product lifecycle.
REPORTS TO: Process Engineering Manager
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person
LOCATION: 1400 Emerson Street, Rochester, NY 14606
Easy Apply Email Resume
- Managing change
- Attention to communication
- Influencing others
- Project management
- Technical management
- Relentless work ethic
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform complicated manufacturing engineering assignments, requiring a high degree of technical and professional competence. Ensure that processes comply with FDA, OSHA, ISO, corporate and divisional policies, if applicable.
- Oversees the development of production and process control information.
- Prepares technical analysis and recommends improvements when possible.
- Monitor and assess process performance and enhancements through the PEKO Manufacturing Analysis Keep team appraised with regular presentation updates.
- Participate upstream with customer and NPI group to determine best manufacturability methods.
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers.
- Be primary change agent as the voice for lean/SS methodology throughout the company.
- Aid in identifying process capabilities to develop a technology and innovation roadmap.
- Ensure accurate BOMs are entered into the business system as products transition from NPI to production. BOM maintenance and accuracy are crucial to customer/job success.
- Ensure routers contain accurate assembly times.
- Generate and sign-off on engineering change notices related to assembly.
- Capable of reacting to change with the ability to respond to new instructions, situations, methods, and procedures.
- Work in tandem with quality to develop and/or improve metrics (rework, costs, OTD, internal/external quality, etc.).
- Support quality and initiate PFMEA, 8D, Kaizens, 5 Why’s, Root Cause, and Corrective Action responses where applicable.
- Review and improve SOPs when needed.
- Support VIP program and generate cost reduction ideas.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expert in Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Processing a high volume of information in short periods of time is essential.
- Strict attention to detail / analytical ability.
- Comfortable navigating through business systems.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Manufacturing, or Material Science.
- PMP, Six Sigma Black Belt, Shainin, and/or Lean Certification.
- 5+ years of experience supporting electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience with time studies, value stream mapping, and kaizens.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Assembly Process Engineer – Rochester NY [EFF03AUG2022]
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability
- Recognition Awards
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
- 401k Plan & Match Incentives
- Financial Wellness Advisory Services
- Educational Seminars
- Employee Development Plans / Mentorships
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF PEKO
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vacation, Bereavement & Civil Responsibility Compensation
- Paid Holidays / Floating Holiday
- Wellness Screenings & Seminars
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
- Lean, Sustainable, & Environmentally Friendly Environment
- Safety & Violence Preparedness Instruction
- On-site Physician & Medical Response Team
- Mutual Respect & Violence Prevention Training
WHY PEKO IS A PREFERRED PLACE TO WORK
- We have a reputation as a stable diversified contract manufacturer for over 50 years
- We are environmentally and sustainably conscious
- We know your name and recognize your achievements
- We have a multi-generational and culturally diverse workforce
- We are involved in the community and corporate sponsorships
- We provide life-long learning and educational opportunities
- We have a balance of a tenured workforce and new talent
PEKO Precision Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY BY: submitting our online application via the ‘apply’ button below OR by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.pekoprecision.com.